Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), also known as ubiquinone, is a natural antioxidant that exists in the cells of the heart, liver, kidney and pancreas. It is responsible for the production of energy. In cell energy production, CoQ10 plays a role in assisting the work of the heart .
Of course, in addition to the body's own production of coenzyme Q10, food supplements can also provide the body with a small amount of coenzyme Q10, the main source of which is beef and chicken.
The content of coenzyme Q10 in the human body may also decrease with age and heart disease.
Usually the human body can produce enough Coenzyme Q10, but the intake of some drugs (such as: statins) may inhibit the production of Coenzyme Q10.
Dietary supplements are the most common way to increase the level of coenzyme Q10 in the body.
After Coenzyme Q10 is absorbed into the body, more than 90% of Coenzyme Q10 is converted into its active form, called CoQH2-10 or Ubiquinol (Coenzyme). Panthenol has strong antioxidant properties.
The effect of coenzyme:
1. Oral coenzyme Q10 can treat congestive heart failure;
2. Clinical studies have found that after taking 100 mg of Coenzyme Q10 three times a day for a total of 2 years, the incidence of adverse cardiovascular events such as hospitalization, worsening heart failure or death has been reduced by nearly half;
In addition, the quality of life (such as activity level, fatigue and shortness of breath) of the participants in the experiment has been significantly improved.
It is worth noting that these benefits can only be seen after long-term (2 years) supplementation of Coenzyme Q10; short-term (for example, 3 months) supplementation of Coenzyme Q10 does not produce significant effects ;
3. Studies have found that Coenzyme Q10 can inhibit the side effects caused by "statins" (often used to lower high cholesterol) drugs, including myalgia (muscle pain), fatigue, dyspnea, memory loss and peripheral neuropathy;
4. 50 mg of CoQ10 twice a day (100 mg daily) can reduce the intensity of mild to moderate muscle pain by 33.1% after 30 days; the interference with daily activities can be reduced by 40.3%. Among them, 75% of the taking patients have improved their symptoms;
5. Coenzyme Q10 can improve the symptoms of mitochondrial encephalomyopathy;
6. Help prevent migraine and pre-eclampsia (complication of pregnancy);
7. Reduce the possibility of recurrence of heart disease;
8. It can be used to treat muscular dystrophy, hypertension and other diseases;
9. A study of children with trisomy 21 (Down's syndrome) showed that coenzyme Q10 supplements have been proven to increase the ratio of panthenol (coenzyme) to coenzyme Q10 to a normal level;
10. Daily intake of 150mg of water-soluble CoQ10, after three months of continuous use, wrinkles around the eyes, nose and lips of women are significantly reduced.
2. How to eat coenzyme?
Recommended intake of coenzymes for different populations
1. The recommended daily dose of Coenzyme Q10 supplements varies greatly. Please read the product instructions carefully.
In addition, you can also take the following dosage.
Healthy people 30~60mg daily;
People at high risk of cardiovascular disease (including hypertension patients) 60~120mg daily;
Patients with heart failure or ischemic (oxygen) heart disease can increase to 200~400mg per day
2. The following recommended daily doses are for reference:
200mg of coenzyme Q10 can reduce the risk of pre-eclampsia during pregnancy ;
120~200mg can prevent high blood pressure;
150mg can prevent angina pectoris;
120mg can reduce the possibility of heart disease recurrence;
100mg can prevent muscular dystrophy;
150~160mg (sometimes higher) can prevent mitochondrial encephalomyopathy
200~300mg can improve sperm motility;
3. The amount of coenzyme Q10 (liquid form) taken by children with trisomy 21 is calculated based on body weight. The dosage = 10 (mg) * body weight (kg). After taking it, the proportion of panthenol in the body can be increased.
For reference only, please check the instructions or consult a doctor for specific conditions!
Need to pay attention to taking coenzyme
1. The safety of Coenzyme Q10 taken by pregnant or breastfeeding women has not been evaluated;
2. Under the guidance of a doctor, children can safely take Coenzyme Q10 at a dose of 10 mg/kg/day for nine months;
3. In order to prevent drug interactions, it is recommended that diabetic patients taking blood thinners follow the doctor's advice
4. Coenzyme Q10 may lower blood pressure, so you should stop taking it at least two weeks before surgery to prevent it from affecting blood pressure levels;
5. Taking coenzyme Q10 may affect the blood thinning effect of warfarin (with anticoagulant effect);
6. Taking 100 mg or more of Coenzyme Q10 at night may cause mild insomnia
7. Experiments show that Coenzyme Q10 may reduce the effectiveness of cancer radiotherapy ;
8. In the process of treating heart failure, Coenzyme Q10 can be used as an adjuvant therapy, but it cannot be used as its main treatment.
Then, let's talk about the difference between the two.
As the saying goes, it is a three-point poison in medicine. This is what it means when used in medicinal coenzymes. Generally, people who are used for medicine are treated for cardiovascular diseases. The content of coenzyme and the way of synthesis are all aimed at people in need of treatment. It is not recommended for healthy people.
The health product coenzyme is controlled on the basis of a reasonable daily intake of the human body, combined with the most suitable absorption method for a healthy human body, to maintain the heart of the human body in need.